Healthcare in Upstate South Carolina
Self Regional Healthcare, Greenwood SC
Self Regional Healthcare (www.selfregional.org), Self Regional, is a major referral and medical center that provides advanced healthcare services to seven counties with a population of more than a quarter of a million people. Named as one of the top 100 hospitals in the country, this 414-bed center was designed and built to provide advanced care. Local business leader and philanthropist James C. Self personally oversaw the construction and recruited top physicians from across the country. His commitment to advanced care with leading-edge technology continues today. Among the advanced care services offered by Self Regional are:
- Spine Surgery Center: Self Regional Healthcare’s top-ranked spine surgery program has become the first in the Southeast to utilize the most advanced surgical imaging technology available. Surgeons at Self Regional now treat patients with a variety of spinal problems in the medical center’s new advanced surgical operating room—BrainSUITE iCT. Self Regional is the first in the Southeast and only the fourth facility in the nation to use this new space age technology, which allows surgeons to view images during surgery, not only of the brain, but also of the neck and back where surgical precision is critical. BrainSUITE iCT is a digitally integrated operating room (OR) solution that combines VectorVision® sky surgical navigation with a multi-slice intra-operative computed tomography scanner (iCT) and comprehensive OR data management. The CT travels on rails over the OR table, providing high quality intra-operative scanning without waking the patient from anesthesia. The introduction of the iCT BrainSUITE, along with the new South Carolina Spine Center and its comprehensive patient services, is expected to enhance and expand spine care at Self Regional Healthcare, which already treats patients from across the state and Southeast region.
- Cancer Center: Sophisticated technology and an experienced staff are the keys to fighting cancer. Self Regional pairs the most advanced equipment with experienced, caring physicians to make the battle easier and less painful, with the goal of increasing the chances for success. It’s quality cancer care plus leading-edge radiation equipment, PET-CT scanning for improved diagnosis, IMRT for pinpoint treatment and clinical trials for the latest cancer drugs. Self offers its patients every reason to remain close to home while battling the disease. Learn more.
- Heart Center: Self Regional Healthcare is committed to providing the Lakelands region with quality cardiac care. Self’s heart care experts provide a comprehensive, individualized approach allowing for accurate diagnosis and treatment of cardiac disease. Their specialists work together to develop the best treatment plan for each patient starting with the first visit to the discharge home. It’s heart care plus a top-rated surgery program and comprehensive services including electrophysiology, cardiac catheterization and nationally accredited cardiac rehabilitation. Learn more.
- Pain Management Center: Self Regional Healthcare’s Pain Management Center has a multi-specialty medical staff of pain physicians and a clinical psychologist. Their doctors are not only skilled in treating pain, but also in helping diagnose the source of complex medical and psychophysiologic disorders. Clinical services include medical management, nerve blocks, spinal and epidural injections, nerve ablation, IDET, implantable pumps, spinal cord stimulators, acupuncture. trigger point and botox injections and vertebroplasty.
- Women’s Center: Self provides comprehensive gynecologic and obstetric services, including LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum) suites, plus a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with board-certified neonatologists and advanced monitoring equipment, women’s education and a plethora of classes and clinics tailored to meet the needs of every woman. The Women’s Center is housed in a beautiful, state-of-the-art patient tower that was built with the family in mind. Learn more.
- Rehabilitation Services: Specialized therapists help patients recovering from all types of surgeries and battling a variety of diseases return to their fullest potential possible, all within one of the state’s most comprehensive rehabilitation facilities. It’s more than rehabilitation. It’s rehabilitation plus comprehensive services, including pulmonary and cardiac rehab, as well as physical, occupational, speech and hand therapy. Learn more.
- Neurosurgery Services: Neurological surgery focuses on disorders of the nervous system that can cause anything from severe back and neck pain to brain aneurysms. This delicate microsurgery is in the hands of a five-star rated program that is among the best in the state, plus Self Regional offers advanced procedures such as kyphoplasty and image-guided stereotactic surgery. Learn more.
- Vascular Services: Self Regional’s vascular lab provides comprehensive care for all types of vascular conditions. It’s more than vascular care. It’s vascular care plus advanced surgical procedures for life-threatening abdominal aortic aneurysms, blocked carotid arteries and painful peripheral vascular disease. Self Regional was the first hospital in the state to dedicate a full team to treating vascular disease. Self has a comprehensive facility specifically designed for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with circulatory problems. Learn more.
- Neurology Services: Self Regional offers comprehensive diagnosis plus treatment for a wide variety of neurological disorders, including multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, migraines and shingles. The program also includes a sleep lab where patients are tested for sleep disorders. Learn more.
- Bariatric Services: Clinically overweight people can achieve significant and permanent weight loss through surgical intervention combined with lifestyle changes and counseling. The surgical weight-loss program at Self Regional includes support group meetings and a dedicated nurse program coordinator. Qualified patients can choose from gastric bypass surgery or gastric banding. Learn more.
- Wound Healing Institute: The Wound Healing Institute’s professional staff is trained to provide specialized, comprehensive treatment to assist in healing problem wounds. Learn more.